In today’s post-pandemic world, it is easy for many things to weigh heavily on our minds, and oftentimes we forget to prioritize our mental health. For those experiencing grief, loss, anxiety, and depression, Sun Health is here to help.
At Sun Health & Dental, we know your mental health is just as important as your physical health. That’s why we are happy to offer a plan with affordable mental health benefits for our members.
Your Sun Health & Dental membership comes with affordable mental healthcare
Psychotherapy counseling (aka talk therapy)
(aka talk therapy) with mental health providers in our network.
Virtual (web-based) therapy sessions
if you live in a remote area, can’t easily access a mental health provider, or prefer to stay home to reduce your risk of COVID-19.
for medications used to treat a variety of mental health conditions, such as depression and anxiety. Sun Health & Dental gathers current prices and discounts to help our members find the lowest-cost pharmacy for their prescriptions, we also offer free prescription delivery to members in participating areas.
Our mental health network
Depending on your location, there are different options for accessing mental healthcare. Our plan gives you access to a wide selection of physicians, clinical resources, and mental health support.
Below, we’ve broken down what you can expect if you’re a Sun Health & Dental member:
- Customer service assistance to help you find a provider with availability that works for YOU, and offers the best prices. With the overwhelming amount of psychologists, psychiatrists, and therapists available, our customer service team helps you find the right provider for YOUR individual needs.
- Virtual therapy sessions if you prefer to speak with your doctor over the phone, or online.
- Hands-on case management for those with complex mental health issues that require coordination between multiple providers or follow-up care. Our customer service team assists you throughout your entire healthcare journey.
- Hospital claims assistance to help you navigate your mental health claims.
How to get started
Find a provider that works for you!
Now that you know your benefits, it’s time to take the first steps to getting care. What kind of provider works best for you?
There are a few types of doctors that can treat mental health issues through office visits:
- Psychiatrists: Doctors who are able to prescribe medications that may help treat anxiety, depression, and chronic mental health issues.
- Psychologists, social workers, and counselors: Mental health professionals who use psychological evaluations and talk therapy to help people learn to better cope with life and relationship issues and mental health conditions. Therapy can include cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), or psychoanalysis.
Mental health resources available to you right now
National Hotlines: There are a number of telephonic options to provide immediate crisis and non-crisis counseling and support.
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration hotline is 1 (800) 662-4357. The National Suicide and Crisis Lifeline is phone number is 988.
You’re not alone
Looking for more support? Whether you want to start a new mental health routine, talk to someone, or just need some support, Sun Health & Dental is here to help.
Give us a call at (855) 786-3344, and speak to a dedicated member of our customer service team who can help you find the right care.
If you or a loved one need immediate crisis support, please contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline for free at 988.