In the event of an emergency, you're covered.
Sun Health and Dental offers members hospital-based services and scheduled surgical procedures at pre-negotiated rates.
Hospital visits and Procedures
If you need medical care that requires immediate attention in the emergency room of your local hospital, simply provide the admissions staff with your Sun Health & Dental membership card and they will send your bills by mail.
Once we receive the bill for the services rendered, our staff of trained professionals will contact the Hospital and negotiate the charges. Most members receive up to a 90% reduction in hospital charges and are provided with overtime payment options.
Non-Emergency Services and surgeries at hospitals:
Sun Health & Dental provides members with access to negotiated rates for services rendered at the Hospital contracted for non-emergency procedures that induce surgeries and obstetric services, such as delivery of children.
Urgent Care Benefits
We offer urgent care services when you feel sick or have an injury, but it is not a life-threatening emergency.
Some of the most common conditions treated in Urgent Care Centers include:
- Cold or flu, allergies and pneumonia.
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and dehydration
- Injuries, cuts, bruises and burns
- Any type of infection, pain and skin conditions
Sun Health has an extensive network of urgent care centers that provide access to experienced health professionals who firmly believe that everyone deserves access to affordable health care.
All Urgent Care providers of the contracted network are:
- Certified and experienced doctors.
- Experienced in rapid response treatment for urgent cases of illness and injury.
- Focused on preventive care, occupational medicine, travel health and physiotherapy.
- With the support of continuing education programs that keep them updated on the latest problems, trends and treatments of medical care.
- Experienced health professionals who firmly believe that everyone deserves access to affordable health care.
You do not need to call to schedule an appointment to visit the urgent care centers, but call the provider you chose from the directory to make sure they are open. If you need help or can not find a provider near you,call our Customer Service Department for assistance at (305) 697-7776
When you visit an urgent care center, you must present your Sun Health membership card with a photo ID so that your eligibility can be verified at the time of your visit to receive the contracted price.
All services must be performed in an Urgent Care Center of the approved and contracted network. The prices for urgent care services can be found in the price guide of your membership kit.
Remember that if you or a member of your family suffers a life-threatening illness or injury, such as severe head injury, chest pain, severe abdominal pain or loss of consciousness, you should go directly to the ward of emergencies (ER) in a hospital.